Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

hot yoga, pt2, and other randoms

so today I attended the Topaz class....here's the description:





Topaz

Arrichion Hot Yoga Core Foundational Series
32 poses
Class duration: 60 minutes
Room temperature: 102 F
Beginner to advanced students

Topaz means fire or heat in Sanskrit. In Greek, the name topaz is derived from the word topazos which means to seek. In addition, the stone was recognized by the Greeks as the stone of strength. Another symbolic meaning of topaz is that it represents hope and the healing energies associated with expansiveness, rejuvenation, dispelling anger, and balancing emotions. The cultural and mythical meanings associated with this gemstone provide the basis for naming the core Arrichion Hot Yoga class Topaz.

The 32 postures included in this series will help you to stretch and warm muscles and ligaments; improve balance, and increase strength and flexibility.


this was a great class! not nearly as intense as the first one I took which was great b/c I was able to really get in there and stretch through the posing....this is a great class for any beginner looking to try it out b/c of the emphasis on the basics....once class was over I stopped briefly to pick up a paper copy of the schedule to keep on me and the instructor complimented me on my practice and actually went so far as to call it beautiful....WOW! I was so humbled to hear that! she was shocked that this was only my second class but as we kept talking and she mentioned my flow I said, must be a dance throwback :) one thing about this class that I truly loved was that it was small enough that she was able to go around and do little corrections....she helped me get deeper into one pose and I was thinking, yep-there's that tension in my back! I am forever tight in my upper back and her pressing me deeper into the pose made me realize that is still very much an issue I need to continue working on....


I think the thing I am truly enjoying about the yoga practice is that for once I have something to do that involves no thought....I have only experienced "no thought" twice in my life and that was the two times I smoked pot....but since this is not exactly something I do I never get a break from the constant borage of thoughts....but during these classes I can somehow go in there and just shut it all out and concentrate on breathing and stretching and working out all these kinks....I like this a lot :)




now for the RANDOM: I have an always growing list of go-to words that make me smile no matter what....they're words that I could never say and be angry....feel free to add to this list for anyone reading....here's what I have so far:

tater tot
fluff
bunny
shiny
cupcake
marshmellow

I notice a food theme here....

No comments: