Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I am only human....

A concept I do not handle with the greatest of ease....I expect more from myself than anyone rightfully should...I'm a perfectionist who is never satisfied....and yet, time and again, I wind up failing b/c of this....and what do I do? go right back to the same mindset of old....rinse, lather, repeat...




so how does one break a trend such as this? I have been asking myself this question over and over my entire life...especially since I started college....this pattern is not just a physique issue....it's evident in my schoolwork....and one of the reasons why I'm STILL at it after all this time....




so last night I messed up....and once again I find myself trying to figure out where I went wrong and why it went that way....I don't quite get the cycle of self sabotage that I put myself through b/c all it does is make myself miserable....and usually I eventually wind up in a deep funk for which it feels like there is no end....now while I'm not in that place right now I know it could end up that way if I don't find a way to cut myself a break and just soldier forward....




one thing I will do is learn from this and aim to not repeat it....the more rigid my routine the better so I need to find that something to keep me focused....and my yoga! it definitely keeps me feeling centered....and anything that keeps me grounded is a win in my book!




it's never easy to come clean about things like this....but like I've said before, if it helps even just one person on their journey in life then I know it was all worth it....

No comments: