Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I stand before you, a humbled diva....

wow...the comments being left here and on the RX forums are truly humbling....I always felt like this was a personal struggle I was alone in...maybe part of that was b/c I thought no one would understand....or no one would truly back me...I guess that only child mentality rules, huh?


so I'm already trying something new with food...the vegetarian experiment is fun so far....now let's examine working out...

whenever I've gained weight (be it a lot or just 5lbs) I almost feel ashamed to go to the gym....like they expect me to be buff always and if I'm not then they'll talk about me....um, yeah, hi, paranoid much? although one plus is that I've noticed the gyms around here have a lot of turnover on their staff...what's that tell you! ;) anywho, I want to add some new goals and I'm thinking by making it public, much like the emotional struggles, I can hold myself accountable...I need to get back into spinning and yoga....once I get into that groove it's almost like an addiction to keep at it...and now I want to add running....I want to work up to my first 5k...I have no clue as to how long it may take for me to train for that b/c I know my ankles will need to acclimate themselves to it....my poor little ankles suck! but maybe by January? if anyone reading this already knows of one let me know!


in the meantime, check this out....I found it from a retweet (thank you Kendra!)....great article I think everyone can read and learn something from! http://fortheloveofcookies.wordpress.com/2010/10/04/normal-eating/

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm training for a 5k now. I ran one 11 years ago when I was 26 and I'm planning on running the same race in March (run for the Oaks) in Raleigh.

I figure it will take me that long to get my wind up enough to actually jog the whole 3.5 miles.

Anyway best wishes to you!

John283594 :)

Miss Dizzy said...

I read this blog & I like what they said about how to manage a favorite food in the part II of the post. I went through some health issues during which I had to greatly restrict my diet... one of the no-no foods was Cheetos, which I have never liked. After seeing that I wasn't allowed to have them? Wanted them. SO BADLY. I have since healed & eaten the forbidden Cheetos. Turns out I still don't really like them. Weird how denial works that way, though.